From powerful antioxidants to cardiac healthy fats, nutritious food is essential to combat several diseases. Either you are cautious for your health or a food enthusiast; the need for a nutrient-rich diet is undeniable. Here we have compiled five of the world’s most nutritious and incredibly healthy foods that are amazingly delicious.
1. Diabetes-Friendly Dark Leafy Greens
If you’re looking for a good source of fiber, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and iron then dark leafy greens must be included in your diet. They contain high levels of Vitamin A, C, and phytochemicals that aid in reducing the risk of some cancers, maintain inflammatory balance, and boost the immune system as well.
These nutrient-dense leafy greens consist of some vegetables and herbs. Such as:
- Spinach is folate-rich which helps a lot in RBC’s production and reduces neural tube defects during pregnancy.
- Kale is considered as one of the best antioxidant and rich sources of Vitamin K as well as reduces the high risk of cardiac diseases by lowering cholesterol.
- Cabbage has some protective properties against esophageal and lung cancer.
- Swiss chard belongs to the family of spinach and beet having beta carotene to prevent cardiac diseases and inhibit cancer cell growth.
- Eating Green Leafy Vegetables will reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
2. Astaxanthin Rich Salmon with Omega-3 Fatty acids
Salmon is one of the nutrient-rich foods on the planet with the ability to reduce several diseases. With versatility in taste, it has also enormous benefits.
- Rich source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids play an important role in reducing the high risk of cancer, lowering high blood pressure, and decreasing inflammations as well.
- Rich in Astaxanthin that has very powerful positive effects on health. Astaxanthin helps in maintaining LDL & HDL concentrations that are bad and good cholesterol respectively. It is also the best compound to prevent nervous inflammations.
- Provides high-quality protein helps the body to heal faster after an injury, protects bone health, and maintains muscle mass.
- Excellent source of B Vitamins provide energy and repair DNA for better body growth and development. B Vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12. They all play role in balancing mental and cardiac health.
- Stuffed with Selenium that is a trace mineral needed by your body only in minute amount but still important to maintain good health. It helps to improve thyroid functions and bone health.
3. Nutrients and Minerals Rich Grains, Beans & Nuts
- Grains are a rich source of important Vitamins (Riboflavin, thiamin, and folate) and minerals (Selenium, Magnesium, and Iron). They are metabolism booster and prevent cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts are highly nutritious. Nuts play role in balancing calcium-potassium concentration in the body, maintains the health of the brain and circulatory system with the help of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids.
- Beans like chickpeas, soybeans, peas, lentils, and kidney beans are highly packed with protein, fiber, iron, and vitamins. Minerals present in beans relax arteries to improve blood flow by lowering blood pressure.
4. Berries to Ward off Alzheimer’s Disease
The most vibrant and brightly colored berries are sweet in taste and rich in disease-combating nutrients. They are highly packed with antioxidants having anthocyanins that impose positive effects on the brain.
- Studies have revealed that berries are a good source of improving memory in adults.
- Rich in flavonoids, berries can reduce inflammations and prevent several cardiovascular diseases.
- Flavonoids also help in reducing the rate of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease in persons who add berries to their diet.
- Berries are diet-friendly with low calories to help weight loss by giving a sense of fullness.
- To maintain the overall functioning of the digestive system, the benefits of berries are uncountable.
5. Brain-Boosting Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate with hefty content of cocoa is one of the most nutritious and best antioxidant foods. Along with nutritious value, its taste is irresistible. Dark chocolate has numerous health benefits including, improved functions of nervous system and circulation of blood.
- Several heart diseases can be prevented by proper intake of dark chocolates.
- Consumption of dark chocolate can help in raising HDL (good cholesterol) and prevents the oxidation of LDL (bad cholesterol).
- The flavonols can protect your skin against sun damage by increasing skin density and hydrating it.
- Brain functions can be improved by increased blood flow with the help of stimulants like theobromine and caffeine.
If you want to add nutrients to your diet without many calories, you can go for dietary supplements. But still, the need for a healthy diet is undeniable. So, nutrient-dense food is essential for better health benefits.