It has been scientifically proven that your skin is the first line of defense to protect your body from pollution, microbes, and many environmental stressors. The structure and layers of skin have been made in a proper way to deal with any kind of microbial attack. So, these are some natural protective shields on your body but you also need to keep other factors under consideration. Here I’m going to ask some questions about your skincare routine. Have a look at these questions and answer in YES or No:
- Are you good at taking care of your skin?
- Are you taking a proper diet for healthy skin?
- Are you habitual of washing and cleansing your face before sleep?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you follow all hygienic conditions?
If any of your answer is NO, then you need to ponder upon what you are lacking.
1. Why do you need to take care of your skin?
As being the largest and important organ of the body, the skin needs proper care & attention. The more healthy skin you have, the more comfortable you feel. We often get our skin damaged by scars or scrapes and the healing process would be easy if we have healthy skin because healthy skin heals & regenerate itself by lowering the chance of infection.
Similarly, the sun can cause huge damage to your skin by ultraviolet radiation which may lead to skin cancer. To prevent this, a good sunscreen would be very helpful. The other thing that matters is hydration and moisturization. Build a habit of cleansing and moisturizing your skin regularly before going to bed. It will lessen the chance of acne, aging and help a lot in removing dead skin cells.How does diet play its role in keeping your skin glow?
2. How does diet play its role in keeping your skin glow?
A diet deficient in essential nutrients can only lead to rapid aging and skin disorders. For healthy and glowing skin, a nutrient-rich diet plays an important role. From a packet of chips to buying a cheesy pizza, junk food is a part of our daily life. There is a need to avoid junk food and an unhealthy diet. To maintain healthy skin, you shouldn’t consume too many sugars and sodium. In the same way, too much coffee and alcohol may also affect your skin badly.
For refreshing your skin you need to add proper minerals and vitamins to your daily diet. Vitamins such as A, E, and Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) are essential for the maintenance and nourishment of your skin epithelial. Similarly, keeping your skin hydrated will help a lot in adding glow.
3. What sleeping habits are good for your skin?
The connection between healthy skin and ample quality sleep is undeniable. Proper sleep is necessary for your overall well-being because through many studies, it has been revealed that our skin repairs itself better when we sleep.
Things you should do before going to bed are:
- Wash face to remove oil and dirt
- Remove make-up products
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin
- Use a toner
- Apply any good cream or lotion on your hands and feet
- Try to sleep with your hair tied into a bun
- Sleep on silk pillowcases
These steps will prove helpful in improving the beauty and health of your skin.
4. How smoking can wreck your skin?
Along with lung cancer and heart disease, smoking is also associated with several skin disorders and infections. It has become obvious that smokers tend to be more affected by many skin inflammations as compared to non-smokers.
Tobacco smoke reduces the supply of sufficient oxygen to skin cells and tissues that can delay wound healing by fastening the rate of aging. By continuous smoking, your skin becomes saggy and will have wrinkles too.
Quitting smoking will help a lot in improving your appearance. The stained and pale appearance of your skin will get replaced with healthy skin by reversing that damage caused by smoking.
5. Why hygiene is necessary for healthy skin?
Hygiene is not only good for your health but has immense importance for your skin. Skin being an organ that protects from microbial invaders needs to be neat & clean. Daily bathing and handwashing are considered as the primary priorities to reduce the high risk of spreading infectious agents by direct contact with an infected person.
An unclean skin will be overloaded by dead cells, microbes, and dirt that will ultimately damage the natural protective layer.
Here are some tips to keep your skin clean to maintain its health:
- Keep your mobile phones germ-free by using anti-bacterial wipes
- Wash your make up brushes, beauty blenders, and sponges once a week
- Exfoliate your skin to even out the skin’s underneath and surface for a healthy glow
- Do not always rely on wipes to clean your makeup rather it’s better to wash your face with water
- Don’t touch or pick pimples because the picking will result in scars
- Use only quality products
These are some of the basic healthy habits for your skincare. Please let us know in the comments below, what else skincare tips you would like us to write about.